This whole going away for a year business has come around faster than I could have imagined. I finished work almost 4 weeks ago and in that time, I feel like I'm still not anywhere near prepared for this little adventure. Although our checklist is pretty much finished now, it all feels very surreal..
- Chinese Visa – check
- Shanghai Accommodation – check
- Backpacker Travel Insurance – check
- Ningbo Accommodation – check
- Backpacks – check
- Chinese Bank Account – almost checked
- Chinese Currency – check
- Dry Bags – check
- Cancelled Direct Debits – check
- Private VPN for China – check
- Camera / Camcorder & Cases – check
- MacBook Pro Case – check
- A years supply for TV shows / films – check
- Vaccinations – check
and so on..
When we are finished with all this planning and are actually over in Asia we will put together a proper article on the types of things that need sorting before travelling for an extended period of time. It's slightly daunting at first, but having a list of ‘to do's' every day for the past few weeks means ticking off a few things everyday. I think we are 95% done now. At least the most important things are finished, just this website that needs some work!