I can't believe our time in Malaysia is coming to an end, we fly to Shanghai tomorrow evening. We've been here for 25 days so far and it really doesn't feel like it has been that long. This year is going to fly by (except maybe the studying part!!).
We haven't had that much access to the Internet, which Darryl has found frustrating at times. We have been to places with free Wifi though – hence the Facebook check ins but no blog updates.
So what have we been up to since our last update? Well…. not much!
We met up with my Parents on the Sunday, 3 February just after they arrived and have mostly just been eating since then. First night we went down to Port Klang for some seafood.
We spent a few days, including Darryl's birthday, in Kuala Lumpur before heading north to the village in Perak. The drive there took around 3-3.5 hours. Once there, life slowed down even more.
A few of the things we've been up to:
- Eating Laksa (although it wasn't like it used to be!)
- Visiting Taiping Zoo.
- Touring the local Cave Temples.
- Relaxing at The Lost World of Tambun.
- Eating breakfast Dim Sum.
- Cooking a Steam Boat dinner
- Trying Frog's legs, Ostrich, Venison and Durian.
- Getting stopped by the Police when we were travelling towards the Thai border.
- Staying up late on Chinese New Year Eve.
- Seeing A LOT of fireworks and Chinese lanterns.
- Darryl tried a drink in a bag
- Darryl reaching his rice and noodle quota.
Now we are back in Kuala Lumpur after a hectic few weeks, we've been on a bit of a Western food binge since being back – Popeyes, McDonalds, Carl's Jr, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co, Wendy's, Cinnabon and Baskin & Robbins.
Dad left early this morning for home which I am told is really cold and snowy, and we head off tomorrow afternoon/evening for China.